Once people have already started the first two days of the HCG diet, it will be time for them to start with phase 2. There are a lot of people who find the first few days of Phase 2 the hardest because it requires a real change in diet. Essentially, phase 2 is the stage wherein people teach their hypothalamus to store fat the correct way. Aside from that, undergoing phase 2 will help people increase their metabolism. One of the main reasons why people gain weight especially when they have gotten older is the decrease in metabolism. With the phase 2 stage of HCG diet, the metabolism will get a jump start and it will reset the type of weight that the body requires from the person.
Do remember that phase 2 of the HCG diet starts from day 3 and ends at day 23. This is the stage wherein people are only allowed to eat certain type of food. This is different from phase 1 wherein people are allowed to eat as much as they want and all the things that they want. With phase 2, it will all be different.
Here are some of the things that you have to remember about HCG Phase 2 Diet:
- 500 Calories Maximum – This is the maximum amount of calories that you can take in throughout the day. You may be tempted to take in some other food products that contain empty calories but do remember that you cannot go over 500 calories for your meals.
- 2 Meals a Day – Since you will only need to consume 500 calories, you can only meat up to 2 meals every day. This is typically lunch and dinner.
- No Breakfast – Unlike other diets that stress the importance of eating breakfast in order to jump start their day, this is very different from the HCG diet wherein people are not allowed to eat breakfast. For people who cannot live without breakfast, take a part of the food that will be eaten for lunch or dinner and eat that for breakfast. This is also the same for the fruits and vegetables that can be consumed for lunch and dinner.
- Water , Coffee and Tea Overload – Very different again from other diets wherein the intake of coffee is strongly advised against, when people are doing the HCG diet, they are allowed to drink as much water, coffee and tea that they want. Drinking a lot of fluids can be extremely helpful especially in curbing hunger.
- Follow the Rules – People will always have some troubles with sticking to plan but following the rules will make the diet happen faster and better.
It will be best to know all the right food products that are allowed during the phase 2 of the HCG diet. There are some that should be avoided because this may hinder the diet from being effective.